Thursday, July 29, 2010

Apartment Hunting

As Ariel begins his job in Cairo I have sent him a few links to apartments I would like for him to look at. On the top of my list is a brand new, fantastically furnished apartment located in Maadi Degla (an expat friendly suburb of Cairo). He is to tour the apartment tomorrow morning with the owner. I am hopeful this apartment will work for us, but know that not everything is what it seems in pictures, especially when house hunting in Cairo.

If this apartment does not work out there are a few others I've found, but to be honest I have not been overwhelmed with the available selection. The budget we are working with provided by Ariel's employer is very good (in Texas it would be freakin' AWESOME to have that much to spend on housing), but in the expat bubble of Maadi it is the norm. I figured I'd have found a huge list of great apartments, but no, I've only found about 4 or 5 that fit my criteria and of course that is via the Internet, so I'm sure that list will be whittled down a bit.

So, I'm hoping Ariel will find a good apartment before we move so we can have that crossed of our huge, daunting to-do-list. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment