Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bittersweet

My oldest, Jackie, should be starting Kindergarten tomorrow at the great elementary school down the street from us. Instead, she is staying home waiting two weeks before she starts Kindergarten in Cairo.

It's bittersweet for me.

The bitter- her best friend is starting Kindergarten tomorrow, along with her other friends, and all the familiar that Jackie is used to will no longer be.

The sweet- we are going on a once in a lifetime adventure and Jackie will experience things many kids will never experience and she'll make new friends and hopefully love her new school.

Such is the life of an expat kid.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I just clicked over from your comment. This post brought tears to my eyes because we went through the same thing with our oldest. I am still sad about it sometimes, even though she loves her school here. I'm more broken up about it than she is :).

    ReplyDelete