Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sadness

We have now been in Texas for a week. Before that we were in Turkey for 4 or 5 days. I don't even remember anymore. The past few weeks have been a blur. I have gone from feeling anxious to scared to sad to relieved to sad again during this time. I am happy to be home in Texas but I am sad for all that we have left behind. Our dear housekeeper, the girls schools, our friends, our clothes, and toys, and other personal belongings. Ariel has been assigned here until the middle of April and then will probably be returning to Cairo. Us on the otherhand, I just don't know. I am enrolling Jackie at a local school Monday, so we will most likely finish out the school year here. Then we will most likely spend the entire summer here (as we had always planned to do). I don't know if or when we will return to Cairo, It really depends on the situation and what Ariel's company wants him to do. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us. Never in a million years did I think something like this would happen.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for all that you, Ariel and the kids have been through the past month. I'm sending you many hugs!!

    ReplyDelete