Saturday, January 8, 2011

Days Like This...

All in all I had a stressful, exhausting day. We headed over to City Center to eat lunch and do some grocery shopping. After our lunch, I left Ariel with the kids at the play area so I could attempt to do all my grocery shopping quickly.

Carrefour was a freakin' madhouse. And I mean MADHOUSE. And I'm from the Valley, people, where madhouse shopping is all the rage with the gigantic amount of Winter Texans and Valley residents and wealthy Mexican nationals that live and visit there.
Anyway, today it was just ridiculous there and those stupid shopping carts they have are worthless and I could find nothing I needed because it was either out of stock or mysteriously missing from the shelves (?) and then to top it off my debit card was declined (which happens from time to time when using our credit cards overseas), I had no cash because the ATM was out of order, and my husband was in the play area at the other side of the mall. So, I had to run to the other end of the mall, get money out of a different ATM with the same stupid card (it magically worked this time) and run back to complete the transaction.

Ugh. I was in a foul mood after that. Yes, I know I will have days like this anywhere, but it seems to me like I have them a lot more here in Egypt.

1 comment:

  1. It drives me crazy when Carrefour randomly runs out of things. It happens ALL THE TIME to me. That's why I stock up on things when I see them because I know it may never happen again. I feel for you and I hope your next shopping trip goes a little (SO MUCH!) better.

    ReplyDelete