Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Tidbits

Julia is feeling much better today. She was in a great mood on the walk to school and was even happier when we got to her class and put away her backpack and lunchbox.

Jacob sometimes cries when we leave Julia, not because he wants to stay, but because he wants Julia to come back home with us. Today, though, he left school without incident. Apparently, he saved all his tears for Miriam Market.

On our way home we stopped by Miriam Market for some juice and soda and granola bars. Jacob threw a huge fit inside the store and refused to walk and only wanted to be carried. So, I carried Jacob in the store while trying to balance all the other things in one arm. I bought him a lollipop and when I payed for it and gave it to him he had a big meltdown. "BUT I WANTED TO PAY IT! I WANTED TO PAY IT!!!!!" Then he began sobbing and sobbing. Hmmm, okay. Somedays Jacob is a real pest. He may be cute, but he is a pest.

Jackie was excited this morning because today is pottery class day at her school. She's been talking about it all week. She says she's making a flower vase. We'll just have to see what she comes home with.

Ariel and I are doing okay. Ariel has been busy with work and I've managed to meet a few of the other Moms at the girl's schools. They have all been extremely nice and friendly. I will admit that I've been feeling a bit homesick the last few days. I'm hoping that will turn around and we will have a good week here.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Jacob is being SO chiflado and moody! Boys, boys, boys! they always want it their way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, He is SO chiflado!!! I hate the terrible 2's. I hope he grows out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. If I could send you a genie in a bottle I would!

    ReplyDelete