Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Little Things I Love About Cairo

-fresh squeezed lemonade, the produce here is wonderful! So cheap and good and the little lemons are to die for! And they taste so much like my beloved Valley lemons!

-cheap & yummy food like hummus, falafel, baba ghanoush, koshari

-the fact that housekeepers are affordable!

-the people- The majority of Egyptians I have met have been very friendly and kind even when my arabic sucks!! HA!

-new friends- many of the expats have been so nice and helpful and very, very friendly.

-A Tex-Mex restaurant in walking distance. I had to give a shout out to La Sombra because I love being able to eat some decent mexican food once in a while. The owner's menu may be limited but we've liked the food every time we've had it and he's from San Benito, a hop and a skip away from McAllen! Us Valley Mexicans are everywhere! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment